1. What are the 2018 fees?
Beginner (Players born 2012/2013) $115
Novice (Players born 2010/2011) $125
Mites (Players born 2008/2009) $150
Squirt (Players born 2006/2007) $285
Pee Wee (Players born 2004/2005) $290
Bantam (Players born 2002/2003) $290
Midget (Players born 2001 or earlier) $290
2. When does the season start? The season usually runs May and June, depending on the weather, the season may start earlier in April. Once the teams are formed, your coach will contact you with a start date.
3. When does the season end? Novice and Mites - end of June / Squirt, Pee Wee, Bantam, Midget - play into July
4. What if I only want my child playing A level ball? You may specify on your child's registration form that you are only wanting your child to play A level ball. You may also contact our Registrar at email@example.com
5. Does Storm Softball offer Player Development sessions for their players prior to the season starting? Yes. Player Development Sessions for Softball will commence the middle of January. Sessions for Softball are held at the Pilot Butte gym, they are usually an hour in length. Cost is $5 per session. An email will be sent to all REGISTERED players notifying of session dates and when/how to register, please watch your email as well as the Storm Softball website for more information.
6. When will evaluations take place? Evaluations will take place approximately the middle to end of March, please watch your email as well as the Storm Softball website for more information.
7. Can my son play softball? Storm Softball is affiliated with Regina Minor Softball League and their policy allows boys to play in the Beginner, Novice and Mites division. After that age level, they are not permitted to play in Softball.
8. What if my child wants to play on the same team as a friend? You are able to request this on the registration form for Beginner, Novice and Mite divisions in softball.
9. What equipment does my child need to play ball? A ball glove that is suitable size for your child, batting helmet (with cage for Softball), ball pants, and softball cleats or good runners. Optional equipment is bat and batting gloves. Teams will be supplied with jerseys. Hats may be purchased at the time of registration or at Storm clothing nights.
10. Are there any more costs other than the registration fee? Typically yes. Teams usually have team pictures done, tournament entry fees, a windup (teams usually decide this amount at a team/parent meeting at the beginning of the season). Storm Softball also has league clothing for sale, watch this website for more information on purchasing clothing.
11. How far do the teams travel for league games? Regina and Lumsden (if applicable)
12. Where are games played? All games for Mites, Squirt, Pee Wee, Bantam, and Midget are played in Regina (Lumsden if in your child's division). In the past, Beginner and Novice has played in Pilot Butte, White City, and Balgonie.
13. What days do they play? There is no set days for your child to be on the diamond, Regina Minor Softball League dictates the game schedule.
14. How often do they play? Usually 2 times per week but this is dependent on level of play and weather.
15. How can I obtain a tax receipt? Tax receipts are issued by email after the registration form and payment process has been completed on-line. Please remember to save and/or print off your tax receipt.
16. What if I have a question that is not answered here? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our board members would be happy to answer any other questions you may have.